Sunday, September 9, 2012

The Ship

Hey there!

Today I went to The ship at Serangoon's NEX for lunch. The food there is pretty good, but quite filling for me, guess it was because we ordered the creamy spinach. So we had the set meal - Student prices ( value for money ). This set meal comes with the soup of the day, a main course, a drink, and a scoop of ice-cream.


Mushroom SoupBread and butter

 First up was the really thick mushroom soup, totally the way I liked it, and as most places would serve, bread and butter for appetizers. Next up came the Creamy spinach which was cooked with white wine. I quite like the way they done up this dish, really creamy though, we got really full very quickly with eating the vegetables only, what a shame. A note to caution is that the creamy spinach has a really strong buttery taste - hence the creaminess.


Creamy Spinach

Basically, I had the Pork Chop set, which comes with fries and sautéed vegetables ( carrots and broccoli ) The pork for me was tender, though I heard from reviews that it was pretty tough. The negative portion would be that I wished that they had added more of the mushroom sauce for the meat, and don't just boil the vegetables soft - there's no nutrients and very bland. The fries were usual, nothing special.


Pork ChopFish and Chips

My companion had the fish 'n chips, it was quite good as well, pretty crispy, I didn't get to try the salad that came with it, but judging from reaction, I do not think it is fabulous. And Finally I had the Mango ice-cream which was really good after eating the creamy and fried food, a refreshing fruity taste in my mouth.

I do not have photos of the place, but they have quite a good ambience, we sat at the said which was really neat and cosy, though the lights were pretty dim over there. Overall, a great place to eat at =)

More Information:
The Ship

Shaw Branch
Add: 1 Scotts Road, Shaw Centre

#04-34/36, S'pore 228208
Tel: 6235 2235
      6235 8189 ( Reservations )


Serangoon NEX Branch
Add: 23 Serangoon Central, nex

#01-61/62, S'pore 556083
Tel: 6834 3833
      6834 3733 ( Reservations )



Ciao ~


Andrea Trinity =)

No comments:

Post a Comment