Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Jewel Box

Since I posted about my picnic, I just thought that I should post about my dinner at Jewel Box way back in December 2012. Basically, Jewel is definitely a lovely place to be for romantic dates. The foods there are really pricey so if you are on a tight budget, there are other romantic restaurants to dine at =) Remember to click on the pictures to get a larger view =) If you are just interested in viewing all the pictures you may head straight here.

[ Jewel Box ]
Since it was quite some time ago, I really can't remember all the food names and prices but basically we ordered 2 different sets - two 3-course set, one 4-course set and a main dish for four people. The ambience was really nice, it's setting is much like a European classy restaurant where the furnishings were of aristocratic taste. The chairs at the far end of the room is more splendid than the tables nearer to the door, and at the side you can view the beautiful harbor. The best time to enjoy the view is truly at sunset where the lights shine in and lights up the room reflecting the wine glasses and cookery - absolutely romantic.



Service is another great aspect of coming all the way up Mount Faber to dine. Their Service is excellent, the waiters were polite and very attentive. They would, as most fine dining restaurants do, have one waiter for your table where he will attend to your every needs when possible.

As I have mentioned, the food is quite pricey, and truth to be told, I didn't like some of the food, but well, that's my opinion =) Also, as stated above, we have a 4-course meal, 3-course meal, and a main dish. It was really sad for my brother because they served accordingly with each course, meaning he had to wait through 5 courses before he got to eat. Plus I didn't help much by having 5-course, taking photos and slowly tasting each bite =p

Starting with the 3-course: The starter was some salmon and bread. I hated it. It tastes just like a block of hard butter with salmon paste mixed together with it, and eating it with the bread wasn't much of a salvation. Followed by the next course - pumpkin soup I believe. The soup was really tasty, slightly sour and yet sweet at the same time. I liked the soup, wiped it clean! Then the main dish was some meat cuts which I am unable to recall, but it was pretty good and quite tasty. Finally the dessert was really nice ( I can't remember what it was ) then the coffee arrived.



The 4-course: The starter was a salad with prawns this one was pretty good, the prawns tasted fresh. I had the same soup as well. My appetizer was a duck dish. Out of all the dishes that night, I loved this the best. The duck had a toufu like texture with strong duck essences, I mean there were tiny meat pieces scattered around but the jellylike toufu had that delicious duck smell. It may sound kind-of put off now but it really tastes good. And my main dish was steak - medium-well. It was really nice as well, but the portion was * ahem * too little! I'm just kidding, portion's alright because I was tasting around the other foods. And finally the dessert for me had a sour taste, not bad but really too much to eat after so many courses and tasting. And of course coffee



And my brother's main dish was steak also medium-well, his steak taste the same as mine except different sauce and tougher than my steak. And we had ordered extra drinks - for me was tropical fruits because I wasn't allowed to drink alcohol - I was the one driving that day ='( And my brother had the hot Chocolate. Speaking of which, the best hot chocolate I have ever tasted was in Spain or Italy where the chocolate was pure flowing chocolate, ahhh .. Truly wonderful though extremely sweet.



Ciao ~

Andrea Trinity =)

No comments:

Post a Comment