Sunday, October 7, 2012

Canelé patisserie

HI~

A short post about Canelé because we headed down there after a really heavy lunch. We had the 'Le Royale', 'All about Chocolate' and 'La Pomme Verte'. Where each is accompanied by a pot of tea. The 'Velvet Earl Gery', 'Rosy Pink' and 'Cookie Rooibois'.

Canele PatisserieCanele Patisserie

Le Royale at S$7.48 and Velvet Earl Grey at S$6. Basically this is like the usual choice for most people because a slightly light chocolate cake - pretty and well made, with a combination of strong Earl Grey to soothe your tastes buds! A rather safe choice by my mother where you could never go wrong.

Le RoyaleAll about Chocolate

All about chocolate at S$7.48 and Rosy Pink at S$6.50. Here is a really thick choice of chocolate cake where within this tiny, stoutly cylinder carries lots of chocolate cream and hidden chocolate balls! Not forgetting the almost pure chocolate and sponge cake as well. So to complement this super sweet and chocolatey combo, my sister has chosen the Rosy Pink flower tea which is light and just barely sweet.

My TeaCookie Rooibois

La Pomme VerteLa Pomme Verte at S$7.01 and Cookie Rooibois at S$6. While my mother had the 1:1 balance and my sister had the 2:1 balance, I had the 1:2. My la Pomme Verte though looks like a cute green bomb is actually 70% made out of cream. the base is a rather thin layer of not so crumbly biscuit which was slightly sweet. But my tea was exceptionally strong and very tasty in my opinion. If you aren't such a fan of strong tea, then this might not be to your liking, it's generally bitter, though slightly sweet. I may even suggest you add sugar into it for your second serving where it gets more concentrated.

Well all-in-all, we had a great day and love having high tea with such pretty cakes and well-made tea. That's all for this not-so-short post =)

Decor

Ciao~


Andrea Trinity

No comments:

Post a Comment