Friday, October 12, 2012

Mignon

Hi all! So yesterday I went to Ngee Ann City to have dinner and I finally settled down at Mignon which is located at Takashimaya basement 2 =) It's at the Gourmet Dining area where there are a couple of small area for different style of food, though most of them were Japanese. Well anyway, they were having this set promotion where the selected dished will turn into a set with a soup-of-the-day and a drink for slightly cheaper cost. Since this is still part of Takashimaya, there is still the GST to be mindful of.

 Boneless Chicken with wrustI ordered the Boneless Chicken with wrust, with it came my soup ( creamy clam soup ) and mountain dew for S$13.90. The dish was pretty good I'll have to say, it wasn't German sausage though. The sauce that accompanied my chicken was creamy mushroom sauce. The sauce was really nice in my opinion. It did not have that really heavy creamy taste of butter, AND the mushroom in it were nice big slices that were well made. The sausage was nothing special to comment on, quite regular as a side.


 Australian Sirloin Roasted peppercorn
Penguin for that night ordered the Australian Sirloin Roasted peppercorn set for S$16.90. To be quite honest, I was pretty disappointed with it. The steak was asked to be medium-well. I found the steak to be a little tough then what I expected and not tasty at all. It did not have much flavouring and there was just too little sauce for it. It was pretty thick as well, I guess that must be why it didn't adsorb much of the flavouring. I think you will be able to find much better steak at Hot Tomato which costs roughly the same price.

soup and moutian dewBut I had a fun time that day because I finally went shopping for myself! And any food isn't that bad when you are with great company - I think ;p I also would not be going back there unless someone wants to try the food there.




Ciao ~

Andrea Trinity =)

No comments:

Post a Comment