Friday, October 5, 2012

Concorde Hotel - Kim Dae Mun

Hi Everyone!

So today I met my really old friend and we headed for Concorde Hotel. We were going to have dinner at their food court stall called Kim Dae Mun. I have heard quite a bit about this place and thought I would give it a try as well. I should say that I wasn't disappointed. The food here was great and cheaply priced for the portion of the food at least for some items! So tonight's dinner we had the Spicy Chicken set for S$6.50, Spicy Beef soup set for S$6.50 as well, and the spicy rice cakes at S$5. The sets are in the form of soup ( If your main dish is not a soup ), rice, and a side dish ( anchovies  kimchi, pickled cucumber )

They give really generous portions, and I have to say, I really liked the spicy chicken. It was really good as well as the vegetables that goes with it. A really good buy, not absolutely spicy in my opinion though, but enough. The Spicy beef soup was good, but can be improved by being slightly more spicy. But the beef was pretty tender ( Then again it was in thin strips ) but the vegetables it in was great.


Spicy Chicken setSpicy Beef Soup



I am not a fan of spicy rice cakes, I had them when I was in Korea but it was really filling. But since many were talking about how great this is well, we decided to give it a try. The sauce is pretty good, nice and thick rather then some other places where they seem to dilute it. The rice cakes here seems to be smaller in size as well. But I have to say, I wouldn't get this again, I was really filled up before I could eat more than three. If you aren't a big eater, this would totally count as a full meal rather then a side dish.

Well, it's a really short post because I am quite tired, but I do recommend you to come here to try their food cos it's pretty cheap and good. The lady at the counter was really nice and polite as well. =)

Ciao ~

Andrea Trinity =)

No comments:

Post a Comment