Monday, June 16, 2014

Ma Maison @ Bugis

Hey again, since it's my holidays so I'm able to have time to post again, and this time it's about Ma Maison. Ma Maison is a fusion of Japanese and French cuisine. I personally am a fan of omu rice and is always on the search for good omu rice. A good and delicious omu rice is when the egg is still somewhat runny and the rice is mixed with tomato sauce that is not over-powering. So, here I bring to you the best omu rice that I have ever tasted in Singapore.



Firstly we ordered three dishes - Hamburger Steak set, Omu-Rice set and Tonkatsu. The hamburger steak set came with a soup, salad, bread or rice and a drink. The steak was actually recommended by the staff there. The hamburger was great together with the sauce, really not too salty like how most Japanese loves their dishes to be (At least that's how I found it to be when I was in Japan). It's a good recommendation.


Next the Omu-rice was really good. The egg was still a bit runny as it should be, some places are not able to replicate this consistency for the omu-rice. I love their sauce and the onions were cooked till it was really soft! Maybe I just love softer texture type of food. The rice was also not extremely sour with tomato which is really nice. This is my favourite omu-rice and I would go back there again just to eat this dish.

[Omu-rice Set]
Finally the Tonkatsu did not come with a set but we ordered a drink with it, which was the glass jelly coffee. The coffee was quite average, but it was different because I have never had glass jelly with cold coffee before. The tonkatsu was really tender and springy.


Well, it was a great experience eating there because the place was really homely and the staff were really nice, polite and friendly, they chatted up quite a bit with us when we were ordering. =) Forgive the poorly taken photos, it was taken with my phone. I'm going hiking tomorrow so I'll end off here ~



Ma Maison ( Bugis Junction )
Add: #02-51 Bugis Junction
        200 Victoria Street
Tel:   6338 4819
Opening Hours: Weekdays > 11:30am - 3pm, 6pm - 9:30pm
                         Weekends > 11:30am - 09:30pm

Ciao ~


Andrea Trinity

1 comment:

  1. This holiday is your eating spree~ hehe!! remb to exercise =o

    ReplyDelete