Thursday, June 19, 2014

Riders Cafe

So today I was in the Bukit Timah area where my friend and I was hiking at and so she decided that it was high time that we visited Riders Cafe. Neither of us have been there before so we didn't know that the most practical way in was by car, meaning either drive in or take a cab. We had foolishly walked all the way in from Eng Neo ave and all the passing drivers gave us second looks. We were not successful in hitch-hiking =(

Riders cafe is a pretty place were they have the stables right next to it where people kept their horses. We were too tired by then to venture much so we just went straight into the cafe and sat down. Nearby to the cafe there's Marmalade Pantry of which I have patronised several times before, at least the Ion Branch.




It's not crowded on weekdays but I heard it was on the weekends. We arrived at around 1:55pm so we missed the breakfast menu, if not I would have really liked to try the Lemon Ricotta Pancakes from their early bird selections. Instead the both of us ordered the popular Riders Burger with the beef patties done at medium well. We had the Peanut Butter and Jelly Milkshake as well, and the Death by Chocolate Cake for dessert.



The Riders Burger is made with Rocket, Relish, Brie, Bacons and Onions with regular fries on the side. I found the meat patty quite delicious although really thick even though I was famished, I had a hard time finishing my burger. For the bacon though it was crispy, but a little too crispy until I found it quite tough instead. But it was a good and delicious burger to fill our tummies, and up to 75% of our entire body as my friend would say.


[Riders Burger]

The milkshake was really thick as expected, although the peanut butter tastes kind of strange but yet somehow interesting. The Death by Chocolate Cake though was really hell. We were already quite full from eating the burgers so the cake was a total nightmare. Firstly, I found the cake not really to my liking, the cake is supposed to be a sponge cake with thick layers of chocolate, but I found it pretty hard for a cake. I prefer light and moist cake, especially eating after the main course. In the end we did not even finish the dish.

[Death by Chocolate Cake]

I personally would not go there again just for the food but only if I was in the area AND when I'm driving.

Add: 51 Fairways Drive
        Singapore 286965
        Bukit Timah Saddle Club
Tel:   6466 9819
Opening Hours: Sun to Thurs > 8am - 9pm
                        Fri & Sat > 8am - 10pm
                        Mon > closed

Ciao~

Andrea Trinity

No comments:

Post a Comment