Sunday, June 15, 2014

Mouth Restaurant

Phew~ I have not been posting for such a long time that I had forgotten entirely that I had a blog! Well, today I shall post about my experience at Mouth Restaurant which is located at Dhoby Ghaut. It is a Chinese restaurant that serves Hong Kong cuisine, and we were there for the 'Dim Sum'. I personally haven't eaten at many 'Dim Sum' places. The only few places that I can remember now are Lucky Restaurant, Red Dragon and Crystal Jade.

Firstly we ordered some Dim Sum entries: Chee Cheong Fun which is the rice noodle roll with pork. This dish as you can tell from the picture is really oily, basically they fried it, apart from the usual Crystal Jade's steamed method. It's really tasty but seriously oily.

Next is the rainbow Har Gao where the skin were of different flavouring, although the flavours were not prominent at all. The prawn paste condiment was really nicem, though they would charge another $3 for a refill. All-in-all, it tastes just like regular har gao, but when combining with the paste, it will taste nice.



Diced  Carrot cake, this is really yummy as because of the small surface area, each piece is really crispy. The down side is that this dish is really oily as well. The Prawn fritters, nothing much to say but it was pretty bland and plain tasting, I would prefer the ones at Crystal Jade.



This could be the nicest Liu Sa Bao that I have had so far. It is baked instead of steamed like most other paos and they were really filled with a lot of salted egg custard. It is really tasty, where one could honestly taste the richness of the butter mixed together with the salted egg that the custard was made of. The crust was really thin so I dripped the custard everywhere hen I first bite in. This dish costs about $5 plus for 3 pieces but really worth it.



We ordered their fried rice, I can't recall the name but it wasn't great, I love the clay-pot/stone-pot fried rice at Crystal Jade instead. Also their Chrysanthemum tea was not sweet which makes it easier to wash down all the oiliness of the food. Price wise, the food was a bit pricey, but comparable to Crystal Jade, however the food served, most of them were really too oily for my liking.

Mouth Restaurant ( Plaza Singapura Branch )
Add: 68 Orchard Road #02-01
       Plaza Singapura
       Singapore 238839
Tel:  6337 7446
Fax:  6337 8144
Opening Hours: Weekday > 11:30am - 5pm, 6pm - 10pm
                      Friday > 11:30am - 5pm, 6pm - 10:30pm
                      Weekend > 10am - 10pm
                      Public Holiday > 10am - 10pm

Ciao~


Andrea Trinity

2 comments:

  1. For a moment i read Mouth as Month haha! Even thought you went Tim Ho Wan, hehe yummy dim sum, felt like eating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi J,
      nope it's Mouth Restaurant =D You should try their custard bun, I heard that it's filling is as good as Tim Ho Wan. I myself have yet to Tim Ho Wan.

      Delete