Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Covelli 1-for-1 lunch set special

Hi!
So we went to Covelli for lunch because they were having a special, but we took the 1-for-1 lunch set special instead of the 1-for-1 pasta.


Covelli's interior
[ Covelli's Interior ]

Covelli is a really nice place, the staff were really attentive, there wasn't much people there but it was still good service. They would serve your meals accordingly and quickly - example: appetizer, when you are done they will take your plates and quickly serve the main course and so on without calling on them.

Basically we had the 1 - for - 1 lunch special at S$19.90++ I would say that it is pretty good and quite worth the price and settings. The Lunch set was chosen first, either the soup of the day or the salad for appetizer. Next choose a main dish from their 3 main dishes - spaghetti, burger, or fish. Finally, they would serve you their dessert.

First up was the appetizer, I had the Soup of the day which was the Tomato and Bacon, it was nice, the tomato tasted fresh, though a bit on the sour side. I'll have to say though, the bacon taste was quite hard for me to pick up. Penguin had the Citrus squid ring with salad, which I thought that was a much better choice. It had sweet dark sauce thinly dripped over the salad, no other salad dressing. The squid was really nice, not oily and the squid was not stringy and really tender, in it's own way. The blend of the fried squid with the salad was a good mix, not too many flavours exploding in your mouth.


Soup of the Day - Tomato and BaconCitrus squid ring with salad

Next I had the Spicy Tuna Spaghetti, it was really good. The tuna was chunky the way I liked it. It wasn't too oily and only slightly spicy. The Baked wild caught hake in clam chowder was great as well. There wasn't any strong fishy taste which I am not a fan of. The fish actually had the clam chowder taste inside the flesh. The clam chowder was just delicious, the combination of the two is simply a great turnout.



Spicy Tuna SpaghettiBaked wild caught hake in clam chowder

Finally we had the Panna Cotta. I have to say that I am very disappointed about this dessert, it was totally not what I had expected. It had a really strong hazelnut taste which did not blend well with the sweet slightly almond and maybe a little tinge of strawberry taste. The texture of the dish also does not correspond to the taste, it was slightly like a jelly that has been mashed up and compressed. I have to say that I did not enjoy this dessert at all. I feel that their afternoon tea's picks were much better then this.

Panna Cotta
[ Panna Cotta ]

Afternoon Tea set for two @ covelliAfternoon Tea - Rose Tea

Tomorrow I'll be eating some tarts and cakes at Paul's Bakery! =) I can't wait!

Visit Covelli @Orchard Central #B2-13/22
Website: Covelli

Ciao ~Andrea Trinity =)

No comments:

Post a Comment