Saturday, August 11, 2012

Daikokuya and il Gelato di Bruno

Today I went out with my friends to have dinner at Raffles City, we walked around for quite a bit before settling down at Daikokuya. The place was rather small so it seemed pretty tight, even for the table dinning place. First off, I ate a usual dish, mini original miso ramen. It was regular, the miso base wasn't very thick nor diluted. The char shu was a bit tough though. My friends had the Beef Rice with Curry, the curry was not spicy, which was to be expected, but the potato and carrots were soft which fits the Japanese curry style.

GyozaMini Original Miso Ramen

Beef RiceCurry


Sweet Love and Blue Ocean
[ Sweet Love, Blue Ocean ]

Next we went to have desserts ... Gelato! This is located at the City Link - il Gelato di Bruno. They were having a one - for - one promotion during their happy hour, which I am still not clear if it is for the entire day. Anyway, they had a pretty nice concept, the counter staff would ring their bells and call out to customers to enjoy their 33 flavours - the flavours varies at different times.

I had the Whisky Cream, Black Forest and Cheesecake. Whisky Cream was good, the alcohol was a bit weak for my liking, but nonetheless, it was good enough for even children to enjoy without complaining about the stingy taste. The Black forest was a disappointment, all I tasted was the vanilla cream. I would have thought I ordered vanilla if I hadn't seen the girl scooping from the black forest! And the cheesecake was simply delightful, tastes as cheesy as a cheesecake, and yet you can somehow taste that sponginess as if you were eating an actually cheesecake. I loved it.

Whisky Cream, Black Forest, Cheesecake
[ Whisky Cream, Black Forest, Cheesecake ]
Penguin had the ? Smurf ? , Bubblegum, and Black and White Chocolate. I still have no idea what the ? Smurf ? flavour is but it did taste like cappuccino, a really sweet cappuccino. The bubblegum was sweet and with cherry flavour, so for people who do not enjoy tasting cough syrup, this is not the flavour for you. I did not manage to try the last flavour because by that time it had melted and the gelato mixed itself up. But I do have to say that their consistency is creamy and dense, just the way gelato are supposed to be made.

? Smurf ? , Bubblegum, and Black and White Chocolate
[ Smurf, Bubblegum, Black White Choco. ]

Hope to try out HandBurger some time =)

Ciao,Andrea Trinity =)

No comments:

Post a Comment