Friday, August 17, 2012

Paul Bakery - To go


I meant to post this up 2 days ago but my internet connection went ballistic! So today I'll be posting about the three pastries I had bought from Paul's Bakery @ Ngee Ann City.

This is the second time I've been to Paul's bakery, and the service was not like the first time. The staff were snappy and irritated. Anyways, I had it to go, so I did not get to feel their entire wrath. The one thing that I would suggest for them to improve is for them to set their labels correctly. Their labels were very messed up, and it would help them to not have such a long queue with people trying to figure out which pastry is which


Paul's Bakery @ Ngee AnnNice packaging

I had an apricot tart, a pan coco, and a strawberry cake- pardon not getting their names as I said, they were snappy and their labels were messed up.


Strawberry Cake
[ Strawberry Cake ]
Firstly the strawberry cake was already melting by the time I got back to share with my family, but it was still good, and by far the best choice I made out of the three. It is soft and sweet, the sponge cake and mousse is simply light. A refreshing treat, if it was not melting, after being stuck if a heavy traffic jam.





Coconut cake
[ Pan Coco ]
Next is the Pan Coco, this is a coconut cake. It looks, well ... boring. Taste wise, it is just regular, except that the filling was pretty soft which is much better. I would have thought a coconut cake would be harder. The coconut is quite thinly spread inside. This dish is best eaten warm because it would bring out the flavour and smell the best.



Apricot Tart
[ Apricot Tart ]
Finally, the apricot tart was definitely a bad choice. The apricot had a bitter-sour taste that doesn't complement with its burnt counterpart - the crust. My slice of tart was badly burnt, though my sister enjoyed eating those portions. I did try to stop her from eating those unhealthy portions, but she said,  and I quote: " but is the best part of the tart! ". I would not recommend this tart at all.

Anyway, I have to try my sister's chawanmushi now!

Paul Bakery
391A Orchard Road
#03-16/16A/17
Ngee Ann City Tower A

Tel: 6836 5932
Sun - Thur: 8.30am - 19pm
Fri - Sat: 8.30am - 11pm

Ciao ~

Andrea Trinity =)

No comments:

Post a Comment